With COVID-19 restrictions events are limited this year. We will continue fundraising for our working budget next year and support where we can. Looking forward to getting back to normal soon!
Events and things we support
Throughout the year, the PAC supports and initiates a variety of events and activities to enhance the experience for our kids at school. Some of the things we support or run are:
- Back to School coffee morning, come and join us in the gym for a coffee and chat on the first day at school
- Movie Nights, bring your PJs and pillows and watch a movie with your buddies (the PAC buys a school wide license so staff can also take advantage of movies in the classroom for special occasions, rainy days or learning opportunities).
- The Card project, buy your kid's art work transformed into high quality greetings cards, done every two years
- Science or Art Fair, where kids get to display their home-grown Science projects
- Teacher's Stipend, reimbursement for teachers and non-enrolling teachers for classroom supplies not covered by VSB. Traditionally the PACs biggest expenditure
- Donald's Gift Cards, supporting the school and our favourite local grocer
- Pancake Breakfast with Santa, funded by the PAC and cooked by the local Lions Club, always graced with a visit from Santa!
- Purdy's, Holiday Fundraiser to tick a few gifts off your list
- Field trip support, funds given directly to cover costs of bus costs and/or other items
- Sports and Art/Music equipment
- Parent Social usual a night out kid free planned for parents to get to know each other
- Body Science Workshops
- Ad-hoc funding requests for urgently needed items, cultural or sporting events
- Sports Day Snack, to give our kids energy at this awesome event
- Spring Carnival, the most fun event of the year with tons of activities for everyone to enjoy - a true neighbourhood event!
- Welcome to Kindergarten, to welcome our newest members to school
- Grade 7 graduation ceremony, as we say goodbye to our graduating students
- Scholastic Book fairs, we provide support to run the fairs
- Staff Appreciation Event, to show our teachers how much we care- often by buying lunch, a slideshow etc.
- Templeton Bursary, to support a Templeton Student
- Website and email communications, to keep our parents up-to-date and informed